Welcome to Central Ohio Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Services (COPEDS), one of the most respected pediatric endocrine and diabetes programs in Ohio.
We evaluate and treat children with growth disorders, precocious and delayed puberty, thyroid and adrenal disorders, sex chromosome disorders (particularly Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome), gender identity and other hormonal problems. We also evaluate and treat children and adolescents with abnormalities of glucose metabolism including both hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. We have extensive experience managing both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in young patients. COPEDS has an active pump program, treating children of all ages, and have particular expertise in using glucose sensors.
This web site is designed to provide you with the information you need to navigate through your questions. We are proud of the success we have achieved and want to share with you our mission, goals, and our approach to patient care. Please note that in no way does the information on this site substitute for medical advice from a licensed health care provider.
COPEDS Practice Goals:
Acute and chronic conditions affecting the growth and development of children and adolescents can have major effects on the health of both the body and the mind. We at COPEDS strive to provide a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan incorporating this concept with the following goals guiding us:
- Place our patient's best interests first, exceeding their expectations whenever possible.
- Have as complete a picture as possible of the medical, social, and developmental background of our patients.
- Utilize ongoing research, high academic & ethical standards and draw upon our experience with advanced technologies.
- Provide patient and community education.
COPEDS Commandments for Quality:
1. Every aspect of your care should be clearly explained.
2. You should never feel "lost" or confused about what is happening.
3. You should always be able to reach us in an emergency.
4. Our office should provide a comfortable, low stress, and safe environment.
5. You will be cared for as a family, and with utmost respect and confidentiality.
6. Our best assessment of your time and financial commitments for care will be presented to you in advance.
7. Your personal health info will be handled with utmost confidentiality.
8. You will share with us in the decision-making regarding the care of your child.
9. We want to hear about any problems or concerns sooner rather than later.